Fundamentals of Coaching Lacrosse
The course is designed to teach the basic principles and theory behind coaching and educate in how to set up a safe, fun and engaging coaching session. The course also comes with the England Lacrosse online ‘Safeguarding’ course.
What will I learn from the course?
• How to communicate with players
• How to set up a safe practical session (including Health & Safety)
• An introduction to how people learn
• An awareness of individual skills, techniques, basic tactics and fun games
• An introduction to different styles of coaching
• How to deliver a section of a planned practice section
• 16 years or older on day of certification (can undertake at younger age and be certified later)
What do I need to do to complete the course?
• Complete the England Lacrosse online “Safeguarding” course.
• 1-day visual assessment day with feedback and action plan from assessor.
Spencer Lacrosse Club,