Introduction to Coaching
English Lacrosse is now offering online learning delivery of the Level 1 'Introduction to Coaching' course.
The Level 1 course is designed to teach the basic principles and theory behind coaching and educate in how to set up a safe, fun and engaging coaching session.
The online course is hosted via the Moodle leaning platform with learners receiving access to course materials and an online forum monitored by qualified tutors and assessors.
Learners will be able to book onto scheduled assessment days in order to complete their qualification.
The English Lacrosse Level 1 'Introduction to Coaching' course is a vocational qualification which will prepare the learner for employment (voluntary or paid). The academic equivalent would be GCSE level.
What will I learn from the course?
• How to communicate with players
• How to set up a safe practical session (including Health & Safety)
• An introduction to how people learn
• An awareness of individual skills, techniques, basic tactics and fun games
• An introduction to different styles of coaching
• How to deliver a section of a planned practice section
• 16 years or older on day of certification
What do I need to do to complete the course?
• Complete coaching theory home study pack on Moodle learning platform
• Online Seminar
• Create three Session plans signed off by qualified coach or teacher
• 1-day visual assessment day with feedback and action plan from assessor
• Complete or have already completed (and provided evidence) of a relevant safeguarding qualification