LEVEL 1 OFFICIATING
Official: Level 1
The purpose of the level one course is to enable both those with experience of the game (players) and those with little experience (volunteers/parents) to be able to safely officiate a game in conjunction with other qualified officials.
The emphasis within the course should always be on the safety of players and officials. Prior knowledge of the identified principle rules covered in the course would be a distinct advantage and it would be a good idea to
- To provide an introduction to, and an understanding of, the role of the official in the game of field lacrosse;
- To develop an understanding of the identified principle rules of lacrosse and the application of these within game situations;
- To acquire an appreciation of the role of the official in the control and safe management of the game
- Within the context of the above general aims, the programme is designed to develop the individuals’ competence in;
– analysing problems arising during the play of the game and providing solutions to them
– developing a range of interpersonal skills within the game context such as problem solving, effective communication, self-reliance and working with others
– using initiative and taking responsibility
– making decisions in challenging situations
– continuing to learn independently and to develop as an official
- Make the game safe
- Focus on the main fouls as set out through the online programme
- You may be assisting a lead official or working with another L1 to officiate a game under premier level
What does it let me do?
- Officiate lacrosse with another qualified official
- Be part of a 2 “crew” official in BUCS (non-premier), club lacrosse below Premier or age-group lacrosse
Sign up for the Level 1 course using the links above and begin your officiating journey
What do I get?:
Personal profile on Moodle platform
Forum advice from qualified tutors and officials
Officials Green, Yellow and Red cards
How do I complete the course?
Complete the seven units of work located in Moodle.
Each unit consists of video presentations followed by questions.
£55 inc VAT for English Lacrosse Registered Individuals
£85 inc VAT for Non-English Lacrosse Registered Individuals.